So how was January? A little nutty, to be honest. Beau had a pretty rough month in the PICU with some long hours and emotional cases, I've been busier than expected for this time of year, the news and social media have been, well, you know..., Portland got slammed with surprise snow and ice, Beau and I escaped to Bend for a quick weekend trip and I've been spending any extra time I can find planning for our upcoming trip to Vietnam!
Okay, and side note...everyone from Vietnam that we've interacted with via email so far has been incredibly charming. And the language barrier is nothing short of adorable. We got an email the other day from a hotel confirming our shuttle from the airport, and she assured us multiple times that our shuttle would include "all the toys". I have no idea what this means, but I'm SUPER excited to find out.
A few other fun things...
I tweaked the design of my home page a bit and updated the shop with some fun new artwork! My favorite additions are the custom wreaths. Just send me your favorite quote, verse, song lyrics or even your initials and I'll plop them into one of these designs and send it your way. Easy. I hope to add a few more wreath designs in the coming weeks and months, and as always, don't hesitate to let me know if you have any specific flowers/colors you'd like to see...I always love your input!
All the new art is linked below because I like to be helpful. :)
Okay, what else?
I'm starting an email list because all the cool kids are doing it. I'll probably be sending my first email out soonsies, so feel free to subscribe if you'd like! I'm going to include a subscriber-only promo code in each email (they'll be sent out about once a month) because I feel guilty for invading your inbox. :)
Other fun things:
- Hoi An, one of the cities we're visiting in Vietnam, is known for having hundreds of tailors who can re-create whatever type of clothing you'd like, and for cheap. We're talking custom dresses, suits (for Beau), leather bags, shoes, etc. I'm pinning up a storm and am thinking I'd love a skirt like this one...
- This sign from the Women's March in PDX had me LOLing...
- This website, featuring female illustrators, is AMAZING. So much talent.
- Speaking of amazing women, my friend Hope is making gorgeous bags out of recycled denim and you should know about it. :)
- Beau and I snowshoed (is that a word in the past tense?) up Tumalo Mountain while in Bend and it was ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. Here's proof. If you're ever in the Bend area, it's a must-do.
- Are you into podcasts? For business advice, I'm loving The Goal Digger Podcast. For hopeful conversations with inspiring people, I'm loving Sounds Good with Branden Harvey.
Alright, that's enough rambling from me. Here's to February, my friends!
Love & Respect,